Monday, June 8, 2009

Update!

Sorry I haven't been updating; I got pretty sucked into living at home and watching the NBA playoffs/finals.


(That's an eagle.)

My cousin Wesley got married on May 23rd! His wife is Amy, and she's pretty cool. Her cantonese is infinitely better than Wesley's. Hopefully his canto will improve.



I've stopped thinking about home as a temporary stop and more of a home. I was insanely lazy the first few weeks I moved back and I didn't care too much about how clean my room was. Eventually I hit rock bottom when my underwear/socks/shirts and laundry all became one pile.


(2 weeks ago.)

I hate almost everything about my room. It's constantly the hottest during the summer, so I'm always a little sweaty when I wake up from July to September. My window faces the backyard, which is also the closest to the freeway. Things get dusty real fast; the walls are gross. The carpet is from the 60s. I sleep in a white metal frame bed with twisty ornamentation that would be cool if I were a 9 year old girl who was really into being a Disney princess. And then I saw a Lowe's commercial 1 week ago. I tore out the carpet (the house originally had wood floors). I painted the walls.



It turns out my walls weren't dingy at all, they were just beige. I'm also moving rooms to the extra/storage/guest room. I'll post pictures of that when it's done.


doin work.

3 comments:

  1. amanda yells at the tv while we watch the lakers game. yep. haha.

    oO. lifting carpets and beige walls. interior design fun!!!! amanda and i are moving out of our apartment at the end of next month. we are moving across the street... to the OTHER side of OCC. this shall be a fun move.

    mm. yea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that you? Because then you'd have a tattoo and I don't recognize you anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, that isn't. It's Christopher 'C-Dub' Wang from Ping Pong Playa.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0991167/

    ReplyDelete